Career Planning and Development
Shortly after arriving at Penn State Law, every student is assigned to a career services professional who provides navigation help on the journey from student to lawyer. Specializing in helping students identify their interests and strengths, the career professionals at Penn State Law are dedicated to connecting students to the resources and knowledge they need to find their first legal positions.
Graduates of Penn State Law enjoy access to the Penn State Alumni Association, the largest dues-paying alumni organization in the world, with more than 570,000 members around the globe.
Individual Services for Penn State Law Students
- Career counseling
- Professional development
- Résumé and cover letter review
- Mock interviews
- Self assessment, including the Myers Briggs Inventory
Resources for the Penn State Law Community
- Recruitment programs, including on-campus interviews
- Opportunity to attend more than 36 job fairs nationwide
- Workshops on all phases of the job search, including résumé and cover writing, interviewing, and networking
- Panel discussions with successful alumni and attorneys from every sector
- Intranet page available only to students and alumni featuring more than 2,000 job postings per year and assistance in using electronic job search materials
- Summer Work 2012
Penn State Law alumni enjoy diverse careers in small towns and major metropolitan areas across the United States including Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Washington, D.C., New York City, Chicago, Denver, Phoenix, Dallas, San Francisco, Anchorage, and Atlanta.
Employment data for our graduates can be found here: Employment Data and featured graduates profiles can be found here: Alumni of Penn State Law