Under the guidance of an experienced supervisor, second- and third-year students can step out of the classroom and gain practical experience working in a legal office in one of Penn State Law's externship programs. General externships allow students to continue taking courses while working with federal judges, state or federal government agencies, and public interest or nonprofit organizations.
The externships listed here are part of the unified Penn State Law program. With the exception of the Semester in Harrisburg, these externships will also be available to students entering Penn State Law in University Park in 2015 and beyond. For information on externships at Dickinson Law in Carlisle for students entering in fall 2015 and beyond, visit dickinsonlaw.psu.edu.
Penn State Law externships opportunities include:
Semester Externship Programs
- International Justice Externship Program
- Semester in Washington Program
- Semester in Harrisburg Program
General Externship Program
- Federal Judicial Placements
- Federal Government Placements
- State Government Placements
- Public Interest and Non-Profit Placements
- Penn State University Placements
The Summer Externship Program