Penn State Law Summer Program for Lawyers and Law Students
Join Penn State Law faculty and legal practitioners from around the world for a certificate program in U.S. Law. The program is designed to give non-native English speakers intensive instruction in U.S. law and legal skills.
July 14 to August 1, 2014
Penn State Law, University Park, Pennsylvania, USA
The summer program is designed to provide lawyers and law students trained outside of the U.S. with an intensive overview of U.S. Law. The program offers full immersion in reading, listening, writing, and speaking the language of U.S. Law in an international context.
For individuals who hold a degree in law or for law students interested in advanced study, this program offers the opportunity to:
- Study and discuss American law and international legal topics in English;
- Improve proficiency in speaking and writing legal English;
- Acquire an understanding of American law taught by members of the Penn State Law faculty;
- Experience the interactive, Socratic style of teaching and learning common in U.S. Law Schools
- Gain an understanding of the common law system and practice analyzing cases using the common law method; and
- Explore the possibility of pursuing an LL.M. degree.
This program is especially suited for non-native English speakers who will join Penn State Law in the Fall Semester. Program participants who attend Penn State Law for an LL.M., J.D., or M.I.A. degree will receive a tuition discount. Students who earn a certificate of completion and who enroll in the LL.M. degree program at Penn State Law after 2014 but within two years will receive partial tuition credit toward LL.M. program tuition.
If you have questions and would like to arrange a phone call please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also call Ms. Brenda Johnson at +1814.867.2373.