Institute of Arbitration Law and Practice
The Penn State Institute of Arbitration Law and Practice promotes and encourages the development of arbitration law and practice through its activities and those of its faculty members including:
- Publishing The Yearbook on Arbitration and Mediation and a variety of AAA Handbooks on Arbitration (Arbitration and ADR, Commercial Arbitration, Construction Arbitration, Employment Arbitration, International Arbitration, Labor Arbitration, and Mediation).
- Sponsoring and supporting student activities, including participation in the annual Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot in Vienna, Austria, Alternative Dispute Resolution Society, and the International Law Society.
- Hosting the Montreal Summer Study Program in Arbitration at the McGill University Faculty of Law in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- The scholarship of its distinguished affiliated Penn State Law faculty including William E. Butler, Thomas E. Carbonneau, Tiyanjana Maluwa, Philip J. McConnaughay, Catherine Rogers, Panagiotis Takis Tridimas, and Nancy Welsh.
- Convening symposia and events which feature global experts on arbitration.